When: summer 2021
The itinerary of Metro Java 2045 is structured in 3 phases, designed to circumnavigate the uncertainties relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. The team will be working simultaneously in Holland and in Indonesia, both off-line and online.
This funding application relates to phase I: Research and Development. In a worst-case scenario, all the tasks of phase I can be completed before international travel is made possible again.
1. research & development [6 months: May 2021 – Nov 2021]: Coding tools, surveying desakota land types, stakeholder rally.
2. Implementation pilot sites [3 months: Jan – Mar 2022]: Detailed planning, business case, start implementation.
3. Review, feedback, policy advice [3 months: Mar – 1 May 2022]: Policy sessions, site reviews, launching final platform.
Phase I: Research & Development 15 April 2021 – 15 Oct 2021
Phase I pertains to three parallel tasks: development, field research and alliance building through stakeholder rallies. These tasks come together with the creation of initial generative planning scenario’s.
– Development: scripting of tools for island-wide spatial analysis and laying the groundwork for the online platform.- Development: scripting of tools for island-wide spatial analysis and laying the groundwork for the online platform.
– Research: online we will be mapping a 130×130 km section of Central Java, with a focus on ten sites along the tollway to Yogyakarta. Meanwhile, local partners will execute field surveys to establish a database of landscape types and tactical interventions. The initial outcomes for the basis of a series of online workshops.
– Establishing alliances: building consensus and broader community support for the collectively generated solutions, and introducing and training local planners in the use of the online platform.